Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Are you a creative professional who has experience in graphic design and 3D animation? Do you have an insatiable hunger for learning new technical skills, while challenging your creative side?
Well, I think you need to read on...
MedSims, a division of WebMD, is seeking a highly-qualified and experienced graphic artist / 3D animator to join our team. MedSims simulations are used by hundreds of thousands of physicians, medical students and healthcare professionals all over the world to challenge themselves and stay abreast of the latest treatment practices.
We are looking for someone who has a diverse set of skills, is willing to take on multiple roles, and is not afraid of pushing the boundaries of their skillset. This lucky individual will work closely with our data team to present complex topics and outcomes in simple, easily-digestible visualizations (web/print/mobile), and separately, work with our leading-edge multimedia team to produce 3D content for Virtual Reality projects. Aside from these two primary areas, this role will also interface with our software development, product, and medical content teams. Your contributions will always see the light of day.
We provide a collaborative environment, filled with passionate individuals, all focused on delivering high-quality, user-centered products, delivered to a global audience on a daily basis.
· Work with the strategy and data analytics teams to translate complex user patterns within our medical simulations into impactful interactive visualizations/stories
· Collaborate with the various teams (internal/external) on VR projects ideation, discovery and design
· Lead VR projects execution (concept to deployment)
· Assist in end-to-end studio multimedia production activities (onsite)
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relatable experience
· 5+ years working in graphic design / 3D animation professionally
· A passion for delivering impactful stories through graphics and interactive visualizations (agnostic of the tools)
· A diverse portfolio across multiple mediums (Print/Web/3D/Mobile)
· Ability to communicate design concepts effectively to both internal and external audiences at all levels of the organization
· Ability to storyboard VR and other ideas, clearly and concisely
· Ability to conceptualize, design and create high-quality visuals for a variety of digital formats
· High level of proficiency with Unreal, Unity, Blender, 3DS Max, Maya or similar
· Demonstrated knowledge of 3D modeling, lighting and animation, including the ability to rig and animate humanoid 3D characters
· Ability to create both hard surface and organic models with a high level of realism (high and low poly models)
· Ability to not overpromise, deliver projects on time and continue to delight stakeholders
· Experience building data visualizations for the healthcare, pharma industry
· Experience building 3D VR immersive experiences for the GearVR, Daydream, Oculus, and HTC Vive
· Experience creating motion graphics in After Effects
· Experience designing UI elements/interfaces for games and web applications
· Web/Mobile app development experience
· Studio production experience (video and audio recording, lighting, set design, etc.)
· Post production experience: Video editing in Premiere and After Effects and Audition