WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Would you consider yourself a creative medical writer? Do you enjoy working across various medical conditions? Would you like your work to be seen by healthcare professionals around the world? MedSims, a business unit of Medscape and WebMD, is the leading provider of medical patient simulations. Healthcare providers rely on our expertise and results to help them stay current with rapidly changes scientific advances. MedSims has its office in Durham, NC, Medscape is in NYC and at several other US and European sites.
· Writing effective and compelling case study content targeted to a physician/ healthcare professional (HCP) audience across various therapeutic categories
· Collaborating in creative brainstorms and internal reviews with graphic designers, account and marketing managers, copywriters, editors, and more
· BA/BS, preferably in a scientific/medical discipline or equivalent years of experience.
· 2+ years’ relevant writing experience, process-oriented pharmaceutical advertising agency, medical education, or other healthcare communications writing role preferred (focus should on online CME and promotional content development a differentiator)
· Ability to complete case-based literature reviews and review/analyze scientific/medical research in order to apply knowledge to content development
· Demonstrated ability to write clinically sound, creative and balanced patient case content
· Ability to comprehend clinical information, medical terminology and/or online interactive programs
· Polished communication, client presentation, project/time management, and computer skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, electronic workflow management systems, etc.)
· Case-based script writing experience for standardize patients
· Experience working with graphic designers and multimedia producers
· Experience using Project Management software tools like Workfront
· Experience contributing to pre-sales pitch documents via content/strategy brainstorms
NOTE: Writing samples/portfolio (either accessible via online site or hard copy) will be expected