Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Medscape Education, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
Medscape Education is seeking an individual interested in working in the medical education field in our New York City offices to support the development and flow coordination for the various assets used to create content across multiple teams.
The Editorial Asset Coordinator supports the execution of editorial projects by creating initial draft templates, managing the various libraries and databases that organize our reference materials (journal articles), images, copyrighted materials, research study reports and publications. Working closely with team members across multiple departments (sales support, scientific direction, outcomes research), the Editorial Asset Coordinator ensures requests and purchasing of new assets is carried out timely. This includes, managing access rights to the databases, training new staff on processes/procedures related to our asset management systems, adding new assets as they become available, and coordinating the flow of materials through the development and approval process.
· Coordinate acquisition, cataloguing, and/or distribution of our reference materials, images, copyrighted materials, research study reports and publications via various cloud-based databases (Read Cube, SharePoint, Box, Excel)
· Ensure new assets required are purchased timely; track and report expenses incurred for acquisition of new assets; process invoices weekly
· Maintain lists of active/approved users for each database; purchase new seats as needed
· Train staff on use of the systems and processes for obtaining new materials
· Serve as point of contact for external freelancers to obtain materials necessary to perform their duties
· Serve as point of contact for internal teams with regard to these databases and processes
· Maintain tracker for when copyrighted materials need to be removed
· Maintain project plans and coordinate the flow of new publications (e.g. medical conference/congress abstracts, journal articles) through the internal development and approval process to facilitate submission by deadline; track acceptance/denial status and report to teams
· Maintain friendly and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders through clear articulation and an effective communication style
· Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement
· Other duties as assigned