Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Medscape Education is seeking an individual interested in working in the medical education field in our New York office. The Associate Program Manager (APM) supports the development of text and multimedia online educational content, which are published on the leading healthcare professional education site. Specifically, the APM serves as the primary leader for assigned programs and is responsible for the successful on-time, on-budget delivery of all projects, from initiation through completion. A portfolio of programs are managed within the project management software tool. This position interacts with and manages task assignments for internal stakeholders across multiple departments and external partners: Scientific (Content) Directors, Production, Studio, Creative, marketing department, providers, as well as outside vendors.
• Manage the day-to-day execution of assigned projects to ensure development processes are followed, deliverables align with original specifications, and projects are on time and within budget
• Identify potential project delays and accelerations; Work with Team Lead to overcome development issues
• For specific projects, review program plan and manage dependencies and critical path issues within project management tool
• Schedule and facilitate program initiation, planning and status meetings
• Communicate program goals and status to the project team and outside partners, vendors as needed.
• Schedule multimedia program recordings
• Modify schedules and/or project plans as necessary
• Track expenses
• Reports to Team Lead, providing regular status input and documentation on program activity
• Maintain a friendly and productive relationship through clear articulation and an effective communication style with internal and external stakeholders
• Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent amount of relatable experience
• Minimum 2 years’ project and process management experience required; within the healthcare environment or medical education environment a plus
• Experience in an external client-facing environment preferred
• Knowledge of internet technologies with previous online development experience a plus
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Product Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) required; Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as Box), and SharePoint preferred
• Experience using web-based project management tools preferred
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment, while taking into consideration stakeholders based across multiple time zones globally
• Ability and desire to meet deadlines and deliver results with moderate supervision by creatively using existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way.
• Manage conflicting interests between teams and identify compromise and/or solutions to ensure that timelines are consistently met
• Ability to organize cross-functional teams
• Strong project management approach of “responsible and driving” the programs versus passive ‘reporting’ on status. Results oriented personality preferred.
• Self-motivated, positive attitude, and very high energy with a willingness to accept varied assignments
• Extreme focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
• Well organized and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written)
• Estimated < 5% travel required