WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
We are looking for Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team. You will work side-by-side with other SDETs and Quality Assurance team members to create and deliver automated test solutions with the scalability to serve our rapidly growing private health portal business. An ideal candidate for this position can jump in to our on-going projects and come up to speed quickly, exercising independent judgment to make the best use of his or her time. We expect excellent knowledge of software testing practices, test automation and prior experience working cross-functionally using agile methodologies.
*As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
· Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 2+ years working in Quality Assurance and Software Development with experience in manual testing as well as automated testing of web applications that include experience with high-volume public-facing secure sites
· 2+ years’ experience reading and writing SQL queries
· Experience reading, writing and relying on automated tests and other indicators of quality
· Experience in automation frameworks such as Selenium
· Experience using a mobile testing framework
· Ability and experience in one or more of the following areas: Data Tier Tests and Test Data Management: Relational databases, SQL, Creation of Tools and Utilities: help identify, analyze and remedy trouble areas
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing processes and best practices
· Strong testing skills, proven by a track record of success
· Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications in to test cases
· Ability to write code for automated web testing tools, services and frameworks
· Ability to understand technical specifications
· Ability to troubleshoot and debug technical processes
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and think creatively, and successfully mentor and lead other team members
· Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
· Experience working with analytics and reports
· Working knowledge of tools like Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and Jenkins
· Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
· Experience testing health care systems, knowledge of health care industry data formats and standards