WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
The Reporting Analyst position reports to the Director of Data Analytics and Reporting in the Data Analytics team of Medscape Education. This role is responsible for the analysis and reporting of online education activities targeting Medscape’s physicians and healthcare professionals, with a specific emphasis on the Global business unit. This position will need to be able to understand and intake business requests, perform data analysis, and provide the results in client (supporter) facing reports. The role will work in a team-oriented and dynamic environment and will require working closely with other teams such as Product Management, Audience Engagement, and Data Services in order to provide the sales organization with results-oriented data and performance metrics for our supporters. Various software packages and database tools, such as SQL query tool and Tableau, will all be utilized in order to collect, mine, and report on this data.
Ideal candidate should have strong data management, analytical, organization, communication, and problem solving skills to develop reports and tools - from large data sets and interfaces to internal and external clients - to analyze programs and products of Medscape Education’s business and provide business insights to support sales and revenue goals. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant experience; BA/BS in marketing or information systems is preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in data analysis and/or client reporting is required
· Demonstrated professional experience working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
· Strong Excel skill is required. Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to import and manipulate data from various data sources, aggregate data by using pivot tables, v-lookup, charts and graphs
· Must be proactive and detail-oriented
· Strong organization and time management skills is required
· Experience in writing SQL queries and working in a big data environment, such as Vertica, a plus
· Experience with reporting tools and web analytics tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, Cognos, Omniture, Google Analytics a strong plus
· Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a dynamically changing environment
· Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate with seasoned management across multiple time zones
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Previous experience in a sales support environment with communicating data-driven analysis to various departments is preferred
· Prior experience with web analytics and reporting of client data, marketing experience a plus
· Creative thinker who can utilize existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way
· Ability to speak Spanish, French or German is a plus