WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD’s Medscape is currently seeking a Sr. Developer. This position is responsible for the intake of reporting requests and requirements from the business, vetting each one of them and identifying all needs. It will not only be restricted to designing, developing new software and applications but also will involve enhancing or modifying existing ones according to changing business needs in order to create accurate complex ETL processes and systems; performing upgrades to the Self Service Business Intelligence report objects; and resolving discrepancy problems, if any. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Responsible for applications dealing with the delivery of programs, automated reporting applications, web tools, file maintenance routines and advanced software packages. Requires full technical knowledge of all phases of software systems programming applications. Responsible for coordinating quality assurance reviews and efforts with our QA Team and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration.
· Meet with internal clients to understand business needs.
· Develop implementation plans and timelines.
· Develop Data Warehouse structures, applications and reports.
· Unit test software and reports.
· Schedule programs and reports.
· Perform bug fixing, maintenance and upgrades to code.
· Data analysis.
· Maintain documentation for design and development work.
· Translate business requirements into technical designs.
· Perform software and reporting designs reviews.
· Deliver web enabled and command line applications to support Data Warehousing, reporting and analysis.
· Provide recommendations on software, hardware and services.
· Provide recommendations for business processes improvement.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline or will consider equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
· 5+ years of information systems experience and software development.
· 5+ years of experience of strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux, some UNIX administration would be desirable.
· 5+ years of strong working knowledge of at least one of, Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server, Vertica. Other data storage technologies a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of multiple languages including shell script, Perl, CGI, PHP, and VI. Additional knowledge of Python would be a plus.
· Skills in C++ a strong plus.