Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
We’re looking for a savvy Web Designer to work with us on MedSims, a division of WebMD and the leading patient simulation web app for doctors worldwide. As part of our growing design team in Durham, North Carolina, you’ll help to bring new features, brand assets, and new products to life.
Here’s some of what you’ll do as part of the MedSims team:
· Contribute to overall brand and design strategy
· Create prototypes of new features
· Participate in and lead design presentations with internal stakeholders
· Develop standards for your designs, and help to establish a unified, scalable design system that is easy for others to implement.
· Collaborate with developers to ensure that implementation aligns with design vision
· Translate complex ideas and user requirements into the appropriate visual assets
· Design elegant ways to visualize simulation data
· Proficient in modern design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite, and open to learning new tools and techniques
· Able to communicate raw ideas through a variety of mediums, including sketches, wireframes and group white boarding sessions
· Rooted in usability – someone who can create designs that not only aesthetically please, but translate well to the overall user experience.
· Excited about design standards, beautifully executed applications, typography, grid systems, color theory and other nerdy designer concepts
· Able to design across screen sizes and devices to ensure integrity of the experience in all contexts
· Well-versed in how designs are implemented in development, and willing to jump in on the front-end
· Rock-solid under pressure and able to manage shifts in requirements in stride
· Extremely detail oriented
· Not satisfied with OK design or usability and driven to delight users
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (or similar), or equivalent years of design-related work experience
· At least 3 years’ digital design experience
· A portfolio of design work we can check out
· Knowledge of best practices and tools used in user-focused design
· Front-end dev skills – HTML, CSS, JS
· An unshakeable positive attitude
· Tangible experience working as part of a team
· Designed for healthcare, education or games
· Experience designing 3D graphics and assets (Web/Mobile/VR)
· Experience designing infographics and interactive visuals
· Experience/exposure to ReactJS and/or object-oriented PHP