WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation
WebMD is currently looking for an SEO Intern in the WebMD and Medscape divisions to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
We're looking for a motivated and organized individual who is very detail oriented. In this dynamic internship role, you’ll support our Audience Development team in implementing, auditing and reporting on the success of SEO optimizations of content on both sites. The SEO Intern role requires strong project management skills and the ability to work with others across the organization including Product & Project Managers, Editorial, and WebDev.
· Strong understanding of and history working with content management systems
· Familiarity using common SEO tools
· Advanced knowledge of Google Search Console including extracting and analyzing data
· Strong knowledge of Search Engine algorithms
· Comfortable pulling reports including assigning segments in Omniture
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and turn on a dime when social opportunities emerge
· Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
· Voraciously curious about SEO trends and techniques
· Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Database experience a plus
· Experience with Tableau a plus
*Must live near or have housing accommodations that allow commuting to the ATL office location daily.