Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Medscape is looking for an experienced Account Manager who will be responsible for supporting a team of high volume sales professionals focused on growing our educational business. To be successful in this role, you will need to build and establish effective relationships with our sales team to understand their supporters educational goals and objectives as well as different ways to bring value to their accounts. You will need to be a clear communicator who will be able to translate the sales team needs across internal departments in order to achieve project success and client satisfaction.
The role will directly support our Vice President, and the candidate will be expected to manage and execute a range of projects across multiple departments in support of our educational business. The applicant should be a highly organized individual with strong account leadership and customer relationship management expertise, detailed and clear communication skills, and a proven ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment, with a particular focus on efficient project and timeline execution.
· Member of a broader account team supporting sales development and execution across a range of clients which can include preparation of client presentations, metric reports, reconciliations, client discussions and grant submissions
· Building and maintaining strong relationships with various internal stakeholders (ie. Marketing, Product Development, Audience Generation, Content Development, Outcomes) that will assist in smooth and on time project development and execution and impact future business
· Communicating client needs and expectations clearly across development teams
· Creating and managing the project scope and timeline
· Trouble shooting
· Bachelors’ Degree required
· Minimum of 3 years of experience with a combination of digital, agency and healthcare experience.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience which can be a combination of account management and/or project management
· Ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment
· Excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines
· Work in a cohesive team environment as well as independently
· Self-motivated, positive attitude, with a willingness to accept varied assignments
· Extreme focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
· Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience in medical publishing, CME (continuing medical education) or Agency environment, or relevant digital technologies
· Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as Box), and SharePoint
Excellent organization and documentation skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, task management systems like AtTask)