WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
The successful candidate will be dedicated to developing and closing new business and growing existing business. The ability to work in a team-oriented environment is essential in order to position highly strategic sales to our manufacturer and agency clients. Presentation and communication skills are essential to be successful in this role.
· Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent required
· Broad understanding of digital sales, business development and/or strategy within the marketing industry
· Minimum 8 to 10 years advertising sales experience selling to pharma; -5+ years of Internet sales preferred
· Proven history of building successful relationships with brand managers in pharmaceutical companies
· Agency experience in the planning and buying of interactive media a plus, but not necessary
· Superior organizational and planning skills; ability to earn respect from all levels both internally and externally
· Exceptional presentation and consultative sales skills; someone with a demonstrated track record of building durable relationships with Senior level executives at both client and AOR
· Outstanding writing and oral communication skills required
· Ability to effectively track sales pipelines with accuracy
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Demonstrated ability to participate and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and successful sales environment
· Ability to travel