Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
This is not a direct-selling role; it is a sales support role but strong business development savvy is critical.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing Solutions. The primary role is to assist the Director in all day-to-day sales support within our Professional business sector (i.e. Medscape.com). Our Marketing Solutions team supports over 35 Professional Sales Reps and their customers spanning Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Government, and Health Systems; as well as Pharmaceutical and Interactive Agencies.
The ideal candidate will have pharmaceutical physician marketing and interactive advertising experience with a keen ability to oversee multiple areas of our business.
Day-to-day Responsibilities Include:
· Provide support for all sales cycle related functions including proposal and presentation collateral
o Manage a queue of requests to create program strategy, guarantees, and pricing
o Inter-departmental interface to develop and release physician promotion configurations
· Liaison between field force and all other Professional Network internal departments, e.g. inventory team, program delivery, business intelligence, etc.
· Assist in the development and coordination of internal sales training and sales communications, including new hire training
· Update and educate sales force to reinforce value proposition and market positioning of professional MD/HCP products, marketing data and new marketing initiatives
· Manage and update Marketing Solutions special projects
· Bachelor's degree required
· 2+ years online marketing, and/or business development expertise in pharmaceutical marketing role
· Advertising Agency experience in healthcare market preferred
· Online media knowledge and background a plus
· Exceptional communication skills, presentation skills, and analytics
· Strong organizational and relationship building skills
· Strong ability to multitask, reprioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
· Keen ability to learn and adapt to rapidly evolving business needs
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products