WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
We are looking for a creative, driven Social Media Intern to help execute some of the innovative and effective social media campaigns for the number one health brand.
Our intern is responsible for social campaign post creation (copy and creative) and monitoring these campaigns once they are live to make sure they stay on track.
Reporting to the Senior Social Media Campaign Manager, this position is a hands-on, creative role participating in WebMD’s social presence across all existing and emerging platforms.
The ideal candidate is a creative social storyteller with an uncanny ability to tap into social trends and quickly create campaigns and analytics in brand-appropriate ways.
· Launching programs on schedule; tracking, maintaining and optimizing
· Assisting with all campaign reporting (end-of-campaign, interim, monthly, etc.) and other reporting requests
· Assists with social analytics reporting and audience creation
· Monitors overall landscape and industry trends including new platforms and competitor activity
· Using social analytics tools and performance to help inform campaign creation and execution decisions
· Programming and content creation for different platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
Ability to meet tight deadlines and turn on a dime when social/sales opportunities emerge
Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
Extremely goal-driven; wants to surpass social goals, and then go even further
Insatiably curious social media consumer; always on the watch for innovation/inspiration
Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint