WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
The Manager, Marketing and Sales Strategy will be responsible for supporting the development and deployment of new sales strategies and solutions that leverage WebMD’s core assets and capabilities to grow market share.
Development of these solutions requires a deep working knowledge of the digital media industry and evolving commercial models. The right candidate will quickly assess and understand cross-functional dynamics, priorities and capabilities; he/she will synthesize marketplace needs and opportunities to influence Product and Marketing Sciences roadmaps and drive the development of leading sales solutions.
These solutions will include consumer insight development, data analytics, primary research and advertising effectiveness model development. This position will be critical in delivering a suite of sales tools that enables differentiation and leadership in the industry and among our clients.
Additionally this position will help support revenue recognition tracking, measurement and competitive benchmarking.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead development and deployment of industry and advertising category strategies to support WebMD’s sales growth
· Partner with Marketing Sciences in the continuous development of data driven marketing solutions to drive account growth among clients; ensure regular training of sales on company’s capabilities, and provide communication materials for sales to use in market
· Deliver regular insights on competitive set and industry issues, identify opportunities and make recommendations for competitive differentiation
· Represent sales in prioritization of consumer research requests and regularly informing pipeline needs for consumer insights; ensure Sales Marketing receives regular flow of consumer insights for publication to sales staff
· Support Sales leadership in managing top client programs in partnership with key stakeholders across the functional teams
Success of the Manager, Marketing and Sales Strategy will be measured by his/her ability to:
· Identify sales growth opportunities that leverage existing WebMD assets and capabilities; effective partnership with Sales and Product Marketing leadership to prioritize and deploy new commercial programs and products
· Deliver leading data based consumer insights to Sales and client partners that enable increased deal sizes, renewals and competitive differentiation
· Develop clear and prioritized project plans that map to sales calendars and selling cycles
· Successfully drive monetization via sales of WebMD categories and industry specific solutions e.g. Pharma, Hospitals, OTC, CPG
· Effectively communicate and operationalize deployment of sales solutions across the sales teams
· Continuously communicate marketplace dynamics and changes among competitive set; synthesize findings to evolve sales communications and inform product solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
· At least 5-8 years of experience, preferably working in a digital publishing sales and marketing environment or related agency experience
· Strong analytical capabilities with a solid understating of syndicated data sources and primary research data insight development
· MS office proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
· Demonstrated ability to translate data into strategic insights that drive sales and support broader marketing programs
· Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. sales, product marketing, research)
· Ability to work independently without close supervision
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment