WebMD Health Services (WHS) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the newly created Program Management Office (PMO), and drive the future of WHS architectural runaway. This role will be the catalyst that enables Product Development & Client Delivery teams to be fully functional, productive and capable of delivering highly reliable and resilient products features, client integrations, & very rewarding client experiences.
Reporting to the PMO Director, this role will manage high profile cross functional Infrastructure & Information Security initiatives that span the breadth of WebMD Health Services. This is a very defining and exciting time to join our company and especially the PMO as we are on the cusp of transforming our culture, and forming a guiding coalition with all partner orgs. There is ample opportunity for growth and learning and we are seeking energetic, front-seat drivers who want to lead and set forth a good example.
The ideal candidate possess the following:
- Manage multiple work streams, milestones, and project meetings for a cross-functional team comprising of Technology Operations, Compliance, and InfoSec persons.
- Manage & help prioritize the Strategic Initiatives, Sustainment/KLO & Incidents for Technical Operations & Security Risk Management teams
- Project manage a team of Network Engineers, DBAs, Sys Admins, Release managers, Architects, DevOps & WebOps to manage their backlogs and ensure that the critical initiatives & production issues are getting addressed in a timely manner. Escalate risks & issues promptly and proactively whenever possible
- Support the TechOps & Info Security teams to ensure a successful solution implementation in compliance with Technology Operations, PHI/PII & HITRUST requirements.
- Interface & collaborate with WebMD Inc, Product Development, Client Delivery & DevOps teams to understand the criticality & urgency of the requests, set realistic expectations and then meet those commitments.
- Create, and contribute to key process improvement initiatives for the PMO and/or conduct larger scale, cross-functional initiatives designed to improve delivery effectiveness, visibility, and metrics based reporting.
- Ensure key departmental performance metrics are defined and achieved to support an overall commitment to continuous improvement (project definition cycle time, on-budget, on-time, etc.).
- Manage the project financials including labor and non-labor costs by forecasting internal & vendor costs as well as actuals tracking & reconciliation via invoice management.
- Manage project plans in MS Project as well as via the project backlogs in JIRA & through incident management.
- Report on TechOps & Security performance metrics and operational statuses using JIRA dashboard & tempo time tracking.
- Identify, and continually assess inter project and inter org risks & dependencies
- Escalate and provide visibility to the issues that delay or block own teams / impact other teams
- Communicate quickly, upwards & laterally, when planned backlog items are about to get reprioritized.
- Build and motivate a cohesive and effective matrixed team regardless of physical location and cultural background of team members.
- Able to build partnerships with senior organization leaders and product development teams.