Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
This is not a direct-selling role; it is a sales support role but strong business development savvy is critical. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing Solutions. The primary role is to assist the Director in all day-to-day sales support within our Professional business sector (i.e. Medscape.com). Our Marketing Solutions team supports over 35 Professional Sales Reps and their customers spanning Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Government, and Health Systems; as well as Pharmaceutical and Interactive Agencies.
The ideal candidate will have pharmaceutical physician marketing and interactive advertising experience with a keen ability to oversee multiple areas of our business.
Day-to-day Responsibilities Include:
· Bachelor's degree required
· 2+ years online marketing, and/or business development expertise in pharmaceutical marketing role
· Exceptional communication skills, presentation skills, and analytics
· Strong organizational and relationship building skills
· Strong ability to multitask, reprioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
· Keen ability to learn and adapt to rapidly evolving business needs
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products
· Advertising Agency experience in healthcare market preferred
· Online media knowledge and background a plus