WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health, wellness and transparency services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations are delivered online, onsite, and telephonically. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
We are currently recruiting Health Educators to join our Indianapolis team!
In following participant centered coaching methodologies, Health Educators provide telephonic health education/coaching and appropriate stage of change specific preventive interventions based upon information supplied by participants' completed health risk appraisal and the participant themselves.
Health Educators must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current health education practices, as well as the ability to counsel participants on a variety of health issues including, but not limited to, exercise, nutrition, weight loss, alcohol and tobacco cessation, stress management, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre and postnatal care.
General responsibilities include:
• Provide telephonic health coaching based on participants' completed health risk appraisal and stage of change.
• Utilize participant – centered coaching methodologies and/or theories to improve healthy lifestyle behaviors, long term health outcomes and quality of life
• Give assessment of low, medium and high modifiable risk areas
• Assist participants' progress through long and short term goal setting, using a myriad of health suggestions and resources
• Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health coaching sessions
• Maintain specified health credentialing, including certification and ongoing continuing education
• Perform other, varied job-related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a health-related discipline is preferred. A minimum of 4 years of health and wellness experience is required. If not already certified, the Health Educator must achieve (and maintain) a nationally recognized certification within 6 months of employment; i.e.: CHES, ACSM, or equivalent, and/or maintain licensure held, such as RD, RN, LMHC, NCC, or LCSW. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Candidates fluent in Spanish are encouraged to apply.
We are currently recruiting for the following shifts:
• Tues-Sat 9:30am-6pm
• Sun-Wed 1pm-11:30pm
An excellent salary and benefits package
A professional, fun work environment
Opportunities for professional growth